IF YOU ARE A PATIENT WHO WANTS TO BE TESTED
Stay home if:
- You are feeling mostly fine
- You are worried
Stay home and call your doctor for advice if:
- You are feeling sick, but would not have sought care under normal circumstances
Call your doctor or seek medical care if:
- You feel sick and believe you have an emergency
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
In combination, symptoms of the COVID-19 virus include:
- Shortness of breath
The symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Reported illnesses have ranged from people with little to no symptoms to people being severely ill and dying.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, do not use your hands!
- Clean surfaces frequently, such as countertops, light switches, cell phones, and other frequently touched areas.
- Contain- if you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
RESOURCES FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, visit https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx