2017 Senior Programs
All programs located in the Senior Center unless otherwise indicated. The Senior Center is located in the lower level of the Township Municipal Building.
Senior Center Hours Monday - Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm
Pre-registration recommended for all classes. Please call (717) 909-9228.
- Meals on Wheels: Monday - Friday
Daily delivery to local residents (Volunteer drivers always welcome).
- Daily Book Swap: (Bring One / Take One) 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday - Friday
$1.00 Donation requested.
- Senior Fitness & Wellness Class: Wednesday 10:00am to 11:00AM
(Drop Ins Welcome - $2 fee.)
- Pinochle Club: Wednesday 11:00am and Friday 10:00am
Senior Classes and Programs:
Back by popular demand:
MEDICARE 101: MEDICARE BASICS
Finding Medicare a bit confusing? This FREE one-hour course will help you understand the basics: when to start the process, selecting the best plan, and saving money on your prescriptions.
Instructor: Toyia Plater of Capital Blue Cross
When: Session I: June 26, 2017; 6pm
Session II: October 19, 2017; 6pm
Where: Susquehanna Room, Township Building
PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT!
AARP Driving Classes
Advance registration required for both certification classes and refresher classes. Please call (717) 909-9228 to secure your space. Space is limited. Payment is made on day of class.
AARP Safe Driving Certification Class
- When: Monday & Tuesday 9:00am to 1:00pm – BOTH DAYS ARE MANDATORY
AARP SAFE DRIVER CLASS (8 hr course)
When: September 18 & 19, 2017
Where: Susquehanna Room, Twp Building
Cost: AARP Members $15, Non-AARP Members $20
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPT 14, 2017
This course is for anyone over the age of 55, township residency not required. Attendance in the class secures you three years of certification as a "Safe Driver" plus the percentage reduction on your insurance premium.
AARP Safe Driving Refresher Course
- When: 9:00am to 1:00pm
- September 25, 2017
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPT 21, 2017
- Where: Susquehanna Township Municipal Building, Susquehanna Room, Lower Level
- Instructor: Certified instructor, Henry Dreher
- Cost: $15 AARP members ($20 non AARP members)
This is a four-hour refresher class for those previously certified by AARP instructors. Attendees must show proof (i.e. certificate) of completion of a previous course.
WATCH FOR FUTURE CLASSES SCHEDULED THIS FALL AND WINTER!
Senior Men's Golf League at Sportsman's 2017 Information & Application
Senior Fitness And Wellness
- When: Every Wednesday 10:00am
- Where: Susquehanna Room of the Township Building
- Instructor: Certified Fitness Instructor Dorothy Bangert
- Cost: $2.00 per session
- Hour-long fitness session. This program, stresses balance exercises, stretching, muscle building with a low impact safe level for the mature body. The program is adapted for all, especially those dealing with the effects of diabetes, arthritis, joint replacements, rheumatoid osteoarthritis and other ailments. No pre-registration necessary.
Senior Softball Pick-Up
- When: Monday and Wednesday, April through October, from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Where: Edgemont Park Softball Field
- Cost: Free program (bring glove)
Senior Tennis Pick-Up
Pick-up tennis for senior men and women.
- When: Tuesday and Thursday, April through October, from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Where: Veterans Park Tennis Courts
- Cost: Free program (bring racquet)
- Anyone interested in playing Senior Softball for ages 55 and over please contact Bill Regan at (717) 533-9874. The league plays on Monday and Wednesday evenings during the months of May, June, July, with league playoffs in August.
- Softball Teams
The Capital Area Church Softball League is looking for teams for the coming season. All games are played at Veterans' Park in Susquehanna Township on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sunday evenings. While a men's league, it is open to players 14 and up, and the league also allows women on team rosters ages 16 and up. Interested churches/teams should contact Carl Hisiro at (717) 903-2711 or by email for more information.